Summer 2018 Youth Work Experience Program
The Young Adult Summer Employment Program provides summer employment opportunities to eligible young adults between the ages of 15 – 21 who reside in Lowell. Young adults are provided summer employment opportunities and work readiness skills in a variety of entry level jobs with government agencies, non-profit organizations and for profit businesses. The main goal of this program is to provide soft skills work readiness, basic workplace skills, life skills and vocational exploration.
- If you have already participated in a paid work program thru the Career Center of Lowell you will automatically be put on a wait-list so that young adults who have never participated have the opportunity first.
- In order to be deemed complete at your eligibility interview you MUST return with all of the required documentation COMPLETE. Be sure to download and print required documents 1 – 6 below.
- Work Experience Program dates are July 9, 2018 to August 17, 2018.
- This process is first come, first served.
2018 Summer Work Experience Application Timeline
March 26th: Summer Work Experience application process begins
April 13 (or once spots are filled): Application Process Ends
April 12th to April 26th: Eligibility interviews begin at the Career Center of Lowell
Week of June 4th: Contacting young adults who are placed begins
June 18th – June 22nd: Work Readiness Workshops at Middlesex Community College
June 25th – June 29th: Work Readiness workshops at Middlesex Community College
July 9th: Employment start date
August 17th: Employment End Date
Step 1: Download, Print and Complete all Required Forms to Attend Eligibility Interview
1. Completed and Signed Application (Click to download and print)
2. Completed Baseline Program Survey (Click to download and print)
3. Completed Fiscal Paperwork (Click to download and print)
4. Signed Policies and Procedures Form (Click to download and print)
5. Signed EEO (Click to download and print)
6. Signed Grievance Form (Click to download and print)
Step 2: Obtain and Bring all Required Documentation to Eligibility Interview
1. Social Security Card
2. Proof of Family Income (Bring one of the following)
- Free or Reduced lunch letter from school
- TANF Recipient- Provide Award Letter
- SNAP (Food Stamps) Recipient- Provide Award Letter
- Foster Child- Provide letter from DCFC
- Homeless- Provide letter from Shelter/Social Service Agency
3. Proof Of Age/Citizenship (Bring one of the following)
- United States Birth Certificate
- United States Passport
- Unexpired Alien Registration Card
- Other (ex. Naturalization papers)
4. Proof of Residency (Bring one of the following)
- Driver’s License/Driver’s Permit
- Employment Permit (Work Permit)
- Current Bill
- Report Card with Home Address – Print out from School
5. Work Permit
- If you are 15 – 17 years old you must bring a completed Work Permit with you to your appointment. To obtain a work permit application please bring in your confirmation for your Eligibility Interview and you will receive a work permit application that will need to be completed.
- If you are 18+ be sure to bring a picture ID in with you.
Step 3: Schedule an Eligibility Interview
Please click a date below to scheduled yourself for an eligibility interview. Do not register for more than one session. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a change of session.
No session are currently open.
- You must have an active email address to check for updates and information.
- Work sites are chosen by the Career Center of Lowell, you cannot choose a specific work location.
- You must be a Lowell Resident between the ages of 15 – 21 years old at the time of the eligibility interview.
- 15 hours of Work Readiness Workshops are a MANDATORY piece of the program.
- Your application and all additional documents must be completed PRIOR to your eligibility interview.
- Please come prepared to interview and speak about why you would be a good fit for the paid work experience program.
- Dress for success – These are interviews, you should dress accordingly.